Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

HOW TO CONNECT this trash R6900 TO ANOTHER router

ANNOYED510
Follower

HOW TO CONNECT this trash R6900 TO ANOTHER router

ok im trying to connect this r6900 nughthawk router to an existing router I have already setup on my home network.

but the r6900 router is not allowing me to enter to admin settings through network genie on PC nor, on phone app. i also tried the nighthawk app and the same problem it says " netgear router is not found or is not supported.also makesure the device is not connected to the guess network of the router, and no ipv6 is enabled".

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: HOW TO CONNECT this trash R6900 TO ANOTHER router

maybe some more info is needed. 

1. what router are you connecting it to?

2. are you setting it up as a wireless bridge or hardwiring it into the router? 

3. firmware on the R6900?

4. Have you tried setting it up using a direct connection method? (hardwiring into it)

Message 2 of 3

Re: HOW TO CONNECT this trash R6900 TO ANOTHER router

@ANNOYED510 wrote:

ok im trying to connect this r6900 nughthawk router to an existing router I have already setup on my home network.

Two routers on your network can cause headaches. For example, you can end up with local address problems. Among other things, the other router can misdirect addresses that the Netgear router usually handles, such as routerlogin.net or the usual IP address for a router, 192.168.1.1.

This explains some of the other drawbacks.

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Unless you have specific reasons for using two routers – to create two separate networks for example – it is often easier to use just one router and then to set up the second router as a wifi access point. Netgear advises this, as does just about every site you will visit.

@ANNOYED510 wrote:

but the r6900 router is not allowing me to enter to admin settings through network genie on PC nor, on phone app.

That's probably down to "Double NAT". (See above.)

Find the IP address of the R6900 and point a browser at it.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7