Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

HP printers won't recognize router

AC129
Aspirant

HP printers won't recognize router

Just upgraded to an AC1900 R7000 router. Both my HP Officejet Pro 8620 and HP Photosmart7520 will not recognize the router.  I didnt have any issues with the WNDR3300. Not sure if its just a setting? Every other device found and connected just fine.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: HP printers won't recognize router

@AC129 wrote:

Every other device found and connected just fine.

That suggests that the router is not the problem. It is doing what you asked it to do, but the printer is not playing ball.

What steps do you go through and where do they fail. "will not recognize the router" is not much to go on.

Setting up wifi printers can be a real pain. I am familiar with Canon's wonky setup. This has a desktop program that lets me check the settings. Maybe HP has something similar.

Can you use something like that to check that the wifi security on the printer matches that on the wifi source?

In any case, I'd spend time looking at places where people talk about HP printers. That is likely to be more productive than worrying about a router that is otherwise behaving properly.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

@AC129 wrote:

Every other device found and connected just fine.

That suggests that the router is not the problem. It is doing what you asked it to do, but the printer is not playing ball.

What steps do you go through and where do they fail. "will not recognize the router" is not much to go on.

Setting up wifi printers can be a real pain. I am familiar with Canon's wonky setup. This has a desktop program that lets me check the settings. Maybe HP has something similar.

Can you use something like that to check that the wifi security on the printer matches that on the wifi source?

In any case, I'd spend time looking at places where people talk about HP printers. That is likely to be more productive than worrying about a router that is otherwise behaving properly.

Message 2 of 3
AC129
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply!  It actually was on my printers end. I was just stuck on "new router" being the issue.  Thanks again!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7