× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Has anyone tested RAX80/RAX120 with a Kill-A-Watt?

duckware
Prodigy

Has anyone tested RAX80/RAX120 with a Kill-A-Watt?

If so, how many watts does the Kill-A-Watt say is being used when the router is idle vs performing a speedtest?

Message 1 of 4
Redtulips7
Luminary

Re: Has anyone tested RAX80/RAX120 with a Kill-A-Watt?

@duckware wrote:

If so, how many watts does the Kill-A-Watt say is being used when the router is idle vs performing a speedtest?

Why don't you try that?

Model: RAX120| AX6000 - Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 2 of 4
duckware
Prodigy

Because I am NOT going to spend my money on a draft router that does not even implement the full Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax spec.  Netgear discloses in the RAX120 fine print: "This router does not support some of the mandatory features ratified in Draft 3.0 of IEEE 802.11AX specification, such as Uplink OFDMA, Target Wake Time, and BSS Coloring. "

BUT I am still curious how much of a power hog it is -- even though I will never buy it.  An estimate in dollars for the yearly operating costs of any 'always on' device is watts.

Message 3 of 4
Redtulips7
Luminary

@duckware wrote:

Because I am NOT going to spend my money on a draft router that does not even implement the full Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax spec.  Netgear discloses in the RAX120 fine print: "This router does not support some of the mandatory features ratified in Draft 3.0 of IEEE 802.11AX specification, such as Uplink OFDMA, Target Wake Time, and BSS Coloring. "

BUT I am still curious how much of a power hog it is -- even though I will never buy it.  An estimate in dollars for the yearly operating costs of any 'always on' device is watts.

Pls don't say no more!! Why you want to know if you are not going to buy this Router? Don't be curious...

Model: RAX120| AX6000 - Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7