Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Have R6700v3 and its throttling my wired desktop to 200-250 download

Kpvols
Aspirant

Have R6700v3 and its throttling my wired desktop to 200-250 download

Tried a lot of options on this community like resetting, factory resetting and trying to bridge/AP connect. If i AP connect i go to 900 download but then it took me 2 hours to get wifi working again and went back to 200~ download. using Current firmware v1.0.4.128_10.0.104 someone please help ive been dealing with this forever and finally realized it was the router. 

Message 2 of 6
Kpvols
Aspirant

Re: R6700v3 Wired Connection ~200Mbps

I did the factory reset and enables ipv6 and still stuck at round 250-300 any tips?
Message 1 of 6

Re: R6700v3 Wired Connection ~200Mbps

@Kpvols wrote:
I did the factory reset and enables ipv6 and still stuck at round 250-300 any tips?

Yes. Stick with your original conversation. Hitching a ride on the back of an old one that is marked as solved will just confuse things. It is also against the rules.

Have R6700v3 and its throttling my wired desktop t... - NETGEAR Communities

Message 3 of 6

Re: Have R6700v3 and its throttling my wired desktop to 200-250 download

@Kpvols wrote:

....trying to bridge/AP connect.

What does that mean?

It might also if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 4 of 6
Kpvols
Aspirant

ive seen people say to try to advance settings use the bridge setting or AP config and those didnt help.

im using a netgear CM1000 and the nighthawk R6700

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

AP mode would not be recommended as the modem your using doesn't have a router built in. AP mode is for use with a host router. 

What CAT# lan cable are you using between the modem, router and PC? CAT6 is recommended. 

After a factory reset are you setting up any Armor, Access Controls, QoS, Parental Controls or Traffic Meter? These should not be enabled after doing a factory reset.

What is the brand and model# of the ethernet adapter in the PC? 
Be sure the ethernet adapter drivers are up to date. 

Try a different wired PC to compare results. 

@Kpvols wrote:

ive seen people say to try to advance settings use the bridge setting or AP config and those didnt help.

im using a netgear CM1000 and the nighthawk R6700

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7