Have Random internet drops wired and wireless wifi .

Have Random internet drops wired and wireless wifi .

Ok so this started few days ago im having issuse with radom internet drops while playing on my xbox suffing the net watch netfilx ect ect it happens for a few seconds then its back ive tried to make sure its not my isp they came out said everything is good so its go to be the router ive only had my router for a month and I also made sure that the firmware is up to date it is.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 13
mkbrog
Tutor

Re: Have Random internet drops wired and wireless wifi .

Am having exactly the same problem since doing the firmware update to 1.02.40.  Can be as bad as dropping the wi-fi / internet connection and ethernet connecitons as frequently as 20-30 seconds - but at other times be stable.

Have done factory reset, have also tried downgrading firmware - but problem remains.  

Did not happen at all prior to the latest firmware.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 13

yes same here did you get help for it ?

Message 3 of 13
WhatsUp25
Aspirant

Same issue here, I cant seem to figure it out. 35d 6u and 100 wireless strength. Drops constantly. Has made online gaming un playable and overall very frustrating.
Message 4 of 13

and ive still havent gotten help with it yet .

Message 5 of 13
holygopher
Aspirant

I am having the exact same issue and the problem persists after doing a factory reset and installing the latest version of the firmware. I even surveyed the other SSIDs in range of my house and manually selected channels no one else was using and changed our SSID to make sure all devices were completely reset. We do some work from home at night so this is incredibly inconvenient when I have to go downstairs and reset the router to get the connection back up. I'm going to have to purchase a new router soon if this isn't resolved, and it isn't going to be another $200 Netgear device, that's for sure!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 6 of 13
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

Please try to update using the new firmware if you have R7000.

https://kb.netgear.com/000049003/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-9-10

Message 7 of 13

What about the people with the R9000 ? Im still having this going on and still no fix or solution for this if this dosent go get fix im going to send it back to amazon and get my hard earn money back ....

Message 8 of 13
WhatsUp25
Aspirant

Id just go ahead and send it back, I ordered he 6700v2 off Amazon 2 weeks ago and Ive had nothing but problems since day 1. Have spent hours tweaking settings and messing with the router and other devices.

There is either a manufacturing problem or their firmware is just absolutely atrocious. Possibly both. There is not much help on the forums either. Many people post then a mod comes on and just asks them if they have the latest firmware. Ive yet to see someone really get a resolution to their problem.

Message 9 of 13
holygopher
Aspirant

Our R7000 still is getting disconnections om the latest firmware. I even rolled back to a firmware that was working before. It’s 3 years old and out of warranty so I can’t do anything about it, but I ordered a TP-Link to replace it and no disconnections so far. Looks like I’m done with Netgear after dropping $180 on this router.
Message 10 of 13
whoipowell
Aspirant

I installed R7000 Firmware Version 1.0.9.10.  Following upgrade, my Roku, Chromecast, and Amazon Echo devices will not connect at all.  Laptops (Mac OS 10.11.4) are dropped frequently, especially after sleep/wake; laptop can connect only after rebooting router.  iphones/ipads still connect OK, but only on 2.4 GHz, not 5.

Any bright ideas how to get reliable wireless back into my home?

Thanks.

Message 11 of 13
JamesGL
Master

Message 12 of 13

OK but this isnt the firmware for my Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router when is this going to get fixed !!!!!!!

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E