Having issues viewing nas drive when plugged into router

Norden
Follower

Having issues viewing nas drive when plugged into router

I'm new to the R7000 and as a result am having a few teething problems getting everything fine tuned and set up. I have a WD my book 3tb nas drive, which i`m trying to have the ps4 and laptop pick up as a media player. For some reason i cant seem to get it set up right.

Message 1 of 4
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Having issues viewing nas drive when plugged into router

So the WD NAS is a NAS / media server in its own right, you’re not using the R7000 USB connection?

In your attempts to set up can you see both devices on your LAN? Is the PS4 wired or wireless to the R7000?

I'm not sure the PS4 has DLNA support, this is something I noticed as missing when switching from the PS3?
Killhippie
Prodigy

There is now a media player download for PS4 that gives DLNA support
Message 3 of 4
bill1228
Guide

I don't have a WD NAS, but I do have a Buffalo NAS on my network. It is plugged into the r7000 via a Ethernet cable. I did not have to do anything to the r7000 configuration to get the NAS to work. All configuration was done on the Buffalo NAS. My NAS is seen by the Windows 8.1 PC's for file backup and seen as a DLNA server by my tablets and Roku. I did configure a static IP address on the NAS so that the IP address did not change.
--bill
R7000 Firmware XVortex Merlin Port.

Everyone has a right to be stupid once in awhile. Yet some just abuse the privilege.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E