Highlighted
Aspirant

Having to restart the router AC 1750

I have the AC 1750-R6700 V3 with firmware 1.0.4.84. This router is around 4 months old. In the last month I have had to turn off and back on this router 3 times to get the WIFI working. What is going on?

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Having to restart the router AC 1750

Wired devices stay functioning?

Here's the steps I'd try and the order.

1. factory reset and manually re-install.

2. Reinstall the current firmware. then reset/reinstall. If the old firmware was corrupt, a reset only remove settings. you need a full reinstall to overwrite the firmware.

3. try installing version 1.0.3.66 of the firmware, factory reset, reinstall. Reason why is the newer firmwares got netgear armor and not all devices played well with armor. 

CAX80-> RBK53-> GS716v2-> TP-Link M9Plus
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Aspirant

Of course the wired devices are functioning.

Without me having to pay someone to come in.....How do I do a factory reset? Reinstall the current firmware? install version 1.0.3.66? where do i find it and how do I install? You say "Reason why is the newer firmwares got netgear armor and not all devices played well with armor." Why should netgear Not extend the warranty to fix this?

Probably be easier to return the router and buy another unless you can give me instructions to fix this in minutes? Thanks.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Guru

@scottyj96 wrote:

Of course the wired devices are functioning.

Without me having to pay someone to come in.....How do I do a factory reset? Reinstall the current firmware? install version 1.0.3.66? where do i find it and how do I install? You say "Reason why is the newer firmwares got netgear armor and not all devices played well with armor." Why should netgear Not extend the warranty to fix this?

Probably be easier to return the router and buy another unless you can give me instructions to fix this in minutes? Thanks.

You do realize we're not netgear? We're members of the public trying to help others out and we do it for free. Being pushy and threatenting to return something is only going to make us less likely to help out? 

To start with. go to the support site. netgear.com/support/   type in your model number. It'll take you to the manual, firmware, and install guides. Keep in mind the R6700 has multiple versions so select the one that is your version from the drop down.

The manual literally walks you through a factory reset. page 91

The support site also has the current version which the manual walks you through installing. Page 84

The support site even has the older firmware under downloads------+view previous versions  to install it, simply follow the manual update procedure and use the older downloaded firmware.

make sure to extract the firwmare when you download it.

Also, I'd recommend doing any firmware changes over a hardwired connection and reset the router after you've changed the firmware and given it time to fully reboot. That'll give you the best results. 

CAX80-> RBK53-> GS716v2-> TP-Link M9Plus
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements