Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Help? R7000 not showing network in wifi options.

roundkick
Initiate

Help? R7000 not showing network in wifi options.

I disconnected my modem and router this morning to move furniture.  Now my modem is working but the nighthawk router is not working. I have two white lights on.  I have resert the modem and router NUMEROUS times so its not that.  

It shows that I am suppose to run an update on the router but it needs to be connected to the network to do that.  How can I connect it to the network if I can't connect to it?!?! 

I'm about ready to throw this thing out the window!   Help?!?!? 

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
roundkick
Initiate

Yes, I did everything. I followed all solutions that I could google. 

AFTER giving in and calling their tech support and they said they were going to have to help me  reset the IP address because when I unplugged it, it messed it up and there was nothing else I could do to fix it.  Then they told me it would cost me either 49.99 for a one time session or 139.99 for an annual tech support plan, I told them to forget it and hung up.  This router is only 3 months old. I am only days from my initial 90 days of tech support. 

They called me right back and offered to give me ONE complimentary session. 

They then asked me which buttons were lit up. I told them. They told me to press the far left two little buttons and hold for 7 seconds.  WOW. That was it.  I thought they were lights. I didnt realize they were buttons.  Now I know....... 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7

All Replies

Did you set the network up as required?

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

Message 2 of 7
roundkick
Initiate

Yes, I did everything. I followed all solutions that I could google. 

AFTER giving in and calling their tech support and they said they were going to have to help me  reset the IP address because when I unplugged it, it messed it up and there was nothing else I could do to fix it.  Then they told me it would cost me either 49.99 for a one time session or 139.99 for an annual tech support plan, I told them to forget it and hung up.  This router is only 3 months old. I am only days from my initial 90 days of tech support. 

They called me right back and offered to give me ONE complimentary session. 

They then asked me which buttons were lit up. I told them. They told me to press the far left two little buttons and hold for 7 seconds.  WOW. That was it.  I thought they were lights. I didnt realize they were buttons.  Now I know....... 

Message 3 of 7
antinode
Guru

> [...] I thought they were lights. I didnt realize they were buttons.
> Now I know.......

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look
for Documentation.  Get the User Manual.  Read.  Look, in particular,
for "Top and Front Panels" and "WiFi On/Off button with LED".

Additional reading might save you some problems in the future, too.

> [...] I followed all solutions that I could google.

Not always the best approach, apparently.

Message 4 of 7

That is the first time you have even hinted that it was the wifi causing problems. It turns out that your statement "the nighthawk router is not working" was wrong. It was working just fine.

Google is only as good as the questions you throw at it. Silly questions = silly answers.

The next time you have issues you can save yourself those ripoff support prices by reading the manual and if that fails then providing full details of what you are doing and what is going on.

The "wifi button" thing is a standard issue. There are pictures in the manual and a troubleshooting section that explains how to use the lights to diagnose problems.

Message 5 of 7
JohnSmith2018
Initiate

Michael Kenward.

How about you stop being so rude and condescending to everyone that posts in these forums. I have seen comments from you across numerous posts acting the same way. You do everything to try to correct the person, rather than help them. 

You're clearly able to figure out what they mean, yet you make them spell it out word by word and waste everyones time, and then make comments like "that was the first mention of WIFI" "that is the first time you mentioned WIFI"...different posts, same comments. Or "silly questions = silly answers" - you are just being rude. Why are you part of this community if you just want to be an AH to people? 

Sorry not everyone is as knowledgable as you, if the only way you can handle that is by talking down to people then you should not be here. 

So please stop being so arrogant and actually try to help the average user that comes here looking for help from knowledgable people, not some pompous AH. 

Message 6 of 7

Let's leave it to @roundkick to decide what is rude.

There are plenty of examples of truly rude messages around here.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7