Help R9000 WIFI won't broadcast and WPS settings are greyed out

afwolf130
Aspirant

Help R9000 WIFI won't broadcast and WPS settings are greyed out

I recently unplugged my R9000 router to move it across the room. I plugged it back in to the same modem and the same internet. But it would not connect. I reset it to factory settings and logged back in, but it has no wifi signal. The lights on the antennas are solid blue and lit up. I went into the GUI and it shows that the wifi is off. But when you check, it says the SSID is broadcast and the WIFI radio antennas are working. I have tried resetting it multiple times with not luck. I did notice that the WPS settings are greyed out and in the WIFI settings the box that says "To prevent PIN compromise, auto disable the PIN after 3 failed pin connections until router reboots" is checked and I cannot uncheck it because all of the WPS settings are greyed out in both basic and advanced tabs. I have tried hitting the WPS button but this just caused it so that I couldn't make any changes because it said WPS was in process. I ended up resetting it yet again. I have tried hitting the wifi button (second from right) to see if that works, I have tried unchecking, applying and then rechecking the enable wireless router radio buttons. This did nothing. I am attaching pictures.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Help R9000 WIFI won't broadcast and WPS settings are greyed out

Have you tried another web browser to change the settings?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements