Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help connecting Netgear router and modem using multi gig

ModemRouterhelp
Aspirant

Help connecting Netgear router and modem using multi gig

Hi All,

I'm unable to find any articals on how to setup CM2050v modem to RAX120v2 router to use the multi gig connection. I have Xfinity 1.2 gig and was hoping to use this. I would like to find out what settings i need to use in both and what order do this. The articals i keep finding are using 2 ethernet lines and my modem only has 1 port. Any help would be much appreciated for this novice tech guy.

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Help connecting Netgear router and modem using multi gig

Page 30 of the manual goes over enabling the multigig connection on the RAX120v2. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/rax120v2.aspx

If thats not working, where is it failing in the process? What are you doing and whats going wrong? Details are key to helping 

Message 2 of 6
ModemRouterhelp
Aspirant

Thank you for responding. The issue is me not being tech savy. I can follow all instruction. The problem i'm having is on page 32 #3 that says ( 3. Connect Ethernet port 1 and the Internet port on your router to two Ethernet ports
on your modem.) My Modem only has 1 ethernet port to plug into. Did i read too far into this and the second connection is not nessasary ?

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

you read to far. thats if you're setting it up with wan port aggregation. You're not. You connecting the modem to the 5gig port on the router. 

Message 4 of 6
ModemRouterhelp
Aspirant

Yep read too far. I did get all the settings changed and everthing is working except not getting over 1 gig. I have xfiniti 1.2 gig. I'm also using cat8 ehternet cables. I do have a 2.5Gbps Network card. Win 10 - CPU i9 9900K. 32 GB Ram. I will contact Xfiniti and make sure they are sending me the correct speed. Thanks again for all your help. 

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Do you get 1.2 connected directly to the modern? The rax only has the one port rated for greater than gigabit speeds
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7