× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help- slow wired speeds on R6400v2

jsmitten
Aspirant

Help- slow wired speeds on R6400v2

Help!

I just upgraded my internet speed to 900 mbps, bought a new Netgear CM1000 modem and R6400v2 AC1750 router to accommodate the higher speeds but am only getting around 200-350 mbps on my Xbox Series X through a wired/ethernet connection. I've spent hours on the phone with comcast and netgear trying to figure out what is wrong. My laptop can get ~700 mbps wired, but XBX is slower than a snail. I have a DMZ server reserved for the XBX on the router, rather than port forwarding. All other settings are factory settings. Tried reverting to previous firmware V1.0.4.126_10.0.102 with no luck.

Signed,

Desperate 

Message 1 of 6

Re: Help- slow wired speeds on R6400v2

@jsmitten wrote:

I've spent hours on the phone with comcast and netgear trying to figure out what is wrong.

As well as talking to Comcast and Netgear, wouldn't Microsoft also be worth quizzing?

Did your research include this?

Search - NETGEAR Communities – Xbox

The Xbox seems to be the devil's plaything. As you can see, you are not the first one to hit problems.

Message 2 of 6
plemans
Guru

Seems that if everything else other than the xbox is hitting those speeds, its the common factor in the slow down. 

Message 3 of 6
jsmitten
Aspirant

You can't get any chat or phone support from xbox in regards to slow connectivity anymore. Their support page just links you to articles with solutions I've already tried. I got them to respond on twitter, followed their steps and they didn't fix the issue. It could be my router settings, it could be their servers, it could be Comcast restricting my bandwidth. I'm not getting dropped, my connection is solid, I'm just paying for a speed I specifically signed up for to improve my gaming experience and not getting the benefit.

Message 4 of 6
jsmitten
Aspirant

First thing I tried. Xbox Live provides no support for connection issues. They used to, but not anymore.

Message 5 of 6
jsmitten
Aspirant

All those people have different issues than me, but thanks for the snark. The devil does not exist.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7