Re: High ping on Netgear R6400 over wireless

twakalowski
Aspirant

High ping on Netgear R6400 over wireless

High ping on R6400 but not when using an ethernet cable directly to the router. When connecting a computer directly to the modem there is no issue ruling out an isp problem. It seems like the wireless channels are the issue. Ping to google.com was in the thousands of ms even when only two devices were connected. One was on 5ghz and the other on 2.4ghz. The ping issue was worse on the device connected to 5ghz. What could be the cause? Could something cause interference with 5ghz? The home phone is never used and is 2.4ghz and the device is getting a decent signal wirelessly, just very high latency.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
microchip8
Master

which firmware? version, please

which channels do you use on the wifi?

do all devices experience the same or just specific ones?

Routing: NETGEAR R7800 - Voxel Firmware 1.0.2.88SF & Kamoj addon
Switching: 2x NETGEAR 8-ports (GS108v4) / 1x NETGEAR 16-ports (JGS516v2)
Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Server: Intel Core i7-7700K - NAS: Intel Pentium G4400 - Cruncher: Intel Core i5-7400
Message 2 of 5
twakalowski
Aspirant

Firmware V1.0.1.46_1.0.32

I haven't specifically chosen any channels for each device but when testing one device was on 5ghz and the other was on 2.4ghz so there shouldnt have been interference.

All devices have the issues

Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

you could try moving the router to make sure something close by isnt inter fearing with the wifi radios

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
twakalowski
Aspirant

more than one person in my house needs access so it is in the center of the house by the modem

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements