Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Home Network DHCP overload

gpriyesh
Follower

Home Network DHCP overload

Hi

I currently have a home network with 30+ devices mostly IOT devices. My current network configuration is a Modem curm router provided by the ISP and has a Netgear 16port gigabit Unmanaged Switch ( GS316) connected to the modem and all wired connections are from this switch. ISP provided modem also has a WIFI network. I also have a Netgear access point WAC730 connected to the switch. The current problem I am facing is my ISP provided modem is not able to assign IP address to all my devices. It hangs multiple times which results in internet connection getting disrupted in some of the devices. To solve this issue I want to have router at the output of the ISP modem and output from this new router will be provided to the switch. WIth this configuration, ISP modem will just perform the role of a gateway and the new router will act as the DCHP server and WIFI provider. Please suggest me a router that can handle 40+ devices easily

Regards,

Priyesh

Message 1 of 2
microchip8
Master

Re: Home Network DHCP overload

R7800. Keep in mind that recommended NETGEAR devices per band are a max of 32. Also put your modem in bridge mode if possible and let the NG router handle everything else

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7