Home size

pierre22
Aspirant

Home size

Hi, the modem Nighthawk x4s AC2600 VDSL support is sufficient for a house on 3 floors?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
TheEther
Guru

Re: Home size

In my personal opinion, I think it will be unable to provide good coverage throughout the entire house.  If you are able to place the router on the second floor, out in the open, then perhaps it will work.  But I still think the speeds won't be very good.

Message 2 of 7
pierre22
Aspirant

the modem operates one or more dynamic dns?

Message 3 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi @pierre22,

Welcome to Community!

The router supports 3 Dynamic DNS. These are No-ip, Netgear and DynDNS.

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 4 of 7
mistikempire
Guide

What would you do? As im having a problem where i had the r7500 an wasnt happen with the cover my home which is also 3 floors

Message 5 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi mistikempire,

Where is the router located?

Until which floor you can detect the signal? How far is it when it comes to distance?

With 3 floors you may need to have extender in order for the wireless range to cover areas that no longer detects the wireless signal.

Message 6 of 7
mistikempire
Guide

The house is:

LOFT Conversion (My room, oled 4k smart, ipad, laptop, iphone = signal is very good, like the 2nd floor)

2nd Floor (2 Bedrooms, 1 small computer room = this is where the router is, it is connected to the desktop)

GROUND FLOOR (Smart 4k tv, Laptop = now this is the floor which has the most problems)

I think the reason the loft does not have any probs as their are no main walls right in the middle, as they are all plasterboard.

However the ground floor has a main wall right in the middle

Now my R7500 has literally been taken back, so i am in need of a new router anyway, so its either the ASUS 3200, ASUS RT-AC87 or the NETGEAR X6 R8000 

I might aswell buy something with a good range, an like you said, buy a range extender...an also lastly, would upgrading to fiber optic at the same time help?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements