Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How can I conenect a Ethernet adapter 3.0 to my orbi router

Dragonrock_176
Aspirant

How can I conenect a Ethernet adapter 3.0 to my orbi router

Can someone please tell me how to make my orbi router acknowledge my usb Ethernet adapter 3.0 because I want to increase the speed of the internet on my tv I have the tv connected to one of the satellites via land cable but when I connect the adapter the satellite doesn’t recognize the adapter at first I was thinking it was the tv but when I check the app on my phone the satellite doesn’t recognize the adapter so what can I do to increase the speed of my tv without the adapter or how can I make it work please help me
Message 1 of 5
microchip8
Master

Re: How can I conenect a Ethernet adapter 3.0 to my orbi router

"Ethernet adapter 3.0" doesn't say anything really. What gizmo is this? Brand? What kind of adapter is it?

Message 2 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Only the very early RBx50 hardware version had an USB 2.0 port. The usage was limited to some USB printer connection only when I have it right. That's why no Ethernet LAN adapter can be recognized.

Instead of USB experiments (where each device class needs a driver), I suggest to add an inexpensive GbE switch to the router or the satellite LAN port for adding more Ethernet ports.

Message 3 of 5
Dragonrock_176
Aspirant

Is a cable matter gigabit Ethernet adapter 3.0 the router is a orbi with 2 satellites
Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Permitting the Orbi would support generic Ethernet adapters (which it does not!), the adpter type would only affect the maximum posible speed.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7