Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I add a TP-link extender to ORBI RBR20

BeeCH
Aspirant

How do I add a TP-link extender to ORBI RBR20

I’m having trouble with my Ring door bell connecting to my ORBI like a lot of people during Live view. Someone had success with incorporating their TP-link extender to their Orbi. Just wondering if anyone knows the steps to do this please? Thanks
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: How do I add a TP-link extender to ORBI RBR20

it won't mesh with the systems because they're not compatible. 

But you might be able to install the tp-link device manually. you'd be best to check with the tp-link forum/support on how to manually install the tp-link device instead of using wps. 

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

When I connected a TP-Link N300 extender to my Orbi, I followed the instructions in the TP-Link user manual.

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

I should add that to ensure that the device connects to this WiFi extender rather than to the Orbi, the TP-Link should broadcast a different WiFi SSID than the Orbi. Extenders usually have two 'modes' (1) broadcast the same WiFi SSID, or (2) broadcast a different SSID.

Message 4 of 5
BeeCH
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply CrimpOn. Can you explain how you did this? I use to use my extender prior to the Orbi but it was made redundant (so I thought).

Should I reconnect the extender and connect the device to it again rather than the Orbi? And then how to I go about connecting the extender to the Orbi system? Sorry I’m a bit new to all this so apologies for all the questions. I just want the device to work better even though the coverage is excellent with the Orbi. It just doesn’t like the Orbi system in Live view.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7