Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I ensure my R7000 router is set to Simultaneously Dual Band

DanChris
Aspirant

How do I ensure my R7000 router is set to Simultaneously Dual Band

I have just set up my R7000 Nighthawk AC1900 dual Band Wifi router...appears to work great.  However, reading the material I am somehwhat confused as to whether it is operating in a Selectable Dual Band or a Simultaneous Dual Band.  Must I set something to ensure it is operating in the Simultaneous Dual Band or does it default to that automatically?  What confuses me is that on WiFi I can sign on to the 2.4 Ghz, the 2.4 Ghz Guest and the 5.0 Ghz...so I am not sure how it changes from one to the other??

Can anyone clear this up for me?

thanks 

Dan

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DanChris
Aspirant

Re: How do I ensure my R7000 router is set to Simultaneously Dual Band

Thank you for your reply....after much searching I think I found what I was looking for in the download manual...There is an enable switch to turn Smart Connect on which allows it to run in Simultaneous Dual Band, but in order to do so both the 2.4 and 5.0 bands must have identical names and identical passwords...here is what I found...

Smart Connect selects the fastest WiFi band for your device. For Smart Connect to work, the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands must use the same WiFi network name (SSID) and network key (password). That means that when you connect to the router with WiFi, you see only one SSID that connects to both bands.

Note:If you enable Smart Connect and the SSID and passwords for the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands do not match, the WiFi settings for 2.4 GHz band overwrites the WiFi settings for 5 GHz band.

To enable or disable Smart Connect:

1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the network.

2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.

A login window opens.

3. Enter the router user name and password.

The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive.

The BASIC Home page displays.

4. Select Wireless.

The Wireless Setup page displays.

5. Select or clear the Enable Smart Connect check box.

Selecting this check box turns on Smart Connect and clearing this check box turns off Smart Connect.

6. Click the Apply button.

Your settings are saved.

View solution in original post

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 3 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

The router is simultaneous dual band.  Out of the box, it has separate SSIDs for the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.  You can configure your devices to connect to one or more of the SSIDs.  Generally, the device will decide which SSID to connect to.  If you don't want the device to do that, then configure it with just one SSID.

Note, you can also make the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz SSID the same.  Once again, the device will usually select which band to connect to.

Message 2 of 3
DanChris
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply....after much searching I think I found what I was looking for in the download manual...There is an enable switch to turn Smart Connect on which allows it to run in Simultaneous Dual Band, but in order to do so both the 2.4 and 5.0 bands must have identical names and identical passwords...here is what I found...

Smart Connect selects the fastest WiFi band for your device. For Smart Connect to work, the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands must use the same WiFi network name (SSID) and network key (password). That means that when you connect to the router with WiFi, you see only one SSID that connects to both bands.

Note:If you enable Smart Connect and the SSID and passwords for the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands do not match, the WiFi settings for 2.4 GHz band overwrites the WiFi settings for 5 GHz band.

To enable or disable Smart Connect:

1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the network.

2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.

A login window opens.

3. Enter the router user name and password.

The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive.

The BASIC Home page displays.

4. Select Wireless.

The Wireless Setup page displays.

5. Select or clear the Enable Smart Connect check box.

Selecting this check box turns on Smart Connect and clearing this check box turns off Smart Connect.

6. Click the Apply button.

Your settings are saved.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7