Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I use Netgear R400 with Armour sub to 2022 behind Fios G3100 without double natting?

darkqueman
Follower

How do I use Netgear R400 with Armour sub to 2022 behind Fios G3100 without double natting?

is there a way I can use my fios G3100 router as my primary router but point my network to use netgear armour without double natting my network. How you i make such a connection. Need to use my fios router for wifi6 capability, also the fios router is optimized for my fios connection I get better speed rather than using my R400 as a direct connect.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: How do I use Netgear R400 with Armour sub to 2022 behind Fios G3100 without double natting?

No there isn't a way have the both. 

You can connect the netgear to the G3100 and put the netgears IP address into the G3100's DMZ. 

That'll fix the double nat tof the netgear and any device connected to the netgear can be protected by Armor. 

But there isn't a way for armor to function on the G3100 or the devices directly connected to the g3100

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: How do I use Netgear R400 with Armour sub to 2022 behind Fios G3100 without double natting?

No there isn't a way have the both. 

You can connect the netgear to the G3100 and put the netgears IP address into the G3100's DMZ. 

That'll fix the double nat tof the netgear and any device connected to the netgear can be protected by Armor. 

But there isn't a way for armor to function on the G3100 or the devices directly connected to the g3100

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7