Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do you manage a NightHawk after its been turned into a WAP?

kartman
Aspirant

How do you manage a NightHawk after its been turned into a WAP?

Once ive converted it to a WAP it is nothing more than a fancy bridge... how do you access the management page at that point?

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How do you manage a NightHawk after its been turned into a WAP?

Easiest mothod would be to change the routers default IP address from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.50, manually disable all features like uPnP, DHCP server and any other features accept for WiFi. Connect the router to your other router via LAN to LAN connection. Don't use the WAN port on the router your changing into an AP. Just use one of the LAN ports in back. Then onces it's connected you can access the APs Ui at 192.168.1.50 from any where on your local network. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
netwrks
Master

AP mode - manual  - Pages 145,146. Assign a static or Dynamic IP Address to AP. Personally, I prefer a static IP Address.

Message 2 of 6
kartman
Aspirant

My original post is a bit off... its a WAP in Bridge mode 

The issue is I cant get to the management page at all.. the device has no ip address (its simply a brdige)

The router that its hanging off of has no record of its mac address

Functionally everything connecting via the nighthawk works, i simply cant manage it

Message 3 of 6
netwrks
Master

Following along on Page 148 of the manual (bride mode set up) it shows that you can assign an IP address, when configuring bridgre mode. Not sure if you are using the current fw for the 7500. May want to start there first. Reset the 7500 to factory default and upgrade, and reconfigure. If you are running the current firmware, then then reset the 7500 to factory default and reconfigure. I have never run any of the Netgear routers in bridge mode. Other than what's in the manual, not sure really. Also not really sure how well this stuff runs in bridge mode.

Message 4 of 6
kartman
Aspirant

thanks.. i was fearing factor reset was going to be the fix.

It seems like a bug in the firmware if you keep dhcp selected 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Easiest mothod would be to change the routers default IP address from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.50, manually disable all features like uPnP, DHCP server and any other features accept for WiFi. Connect the router to your other router via LAN to LAN connection. Don't use the WAN port on the router your changing into an AP. Just use one of the LAN ports in back. Then onces it's connected you can access the APs Ui at 192.168.1.50 from any where on your local network. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7