Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How does the Guest Network work?

theHalfwayGeek
Aspirant

How does the Guest Network work?

Hey all, 

I am pretty new to this. I am apart of an MSP and one of our clients uses a Netgear Nighthawk r7000 in a small office of 6-12 people. We have disabled the Guest Network on the router but when I look at one of the user computers, I see his network marked as Guest. The guest network is named something different and when I search for it on my own laptop I do not see it. 

Also, when the guest network is turned on I am able to reach the router, which I didn't think was supposed to be able to happen. 

Thanks,

Maverick

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

All Replies
theHalfwayGeek
Aspirant

Re: How does the Guest Network work?

I have reviewed the settings on the guest network and indeed saw an option specifically to allow traffic to/through the internal network. I verified that I could not get to the internal network on the guest Wifi. I found this info in the link: https://www.kaspersky.com/blog/guest-wifi/23843/ 

The issue I believe was when connected through the ethernet as well as the guest Wifi it would recognize the internal network and allow traffic to pass. Originally we could connect to the internal network only using the guest Wifi. I do not know if the option to allow traffic on the internal network was originally clicked on or not. 

Thank you

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7