Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How is the NETGEAR Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router (R7450) compared to the TP-Link AC1900 A9?

maniqwils
Follower

How is the NETGEAR Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router (R7450) compared to the TP-Link AC1900 A9?

Hello! I'm upgrading my default Spectrum router right now in my 1200 sq ft. home. The router is in the living room and in the next room I play a lot of games and stream bluray rips.

How do these two routers compare? Any thoughts on either of them?

Message 1 of 3

Re: How is the NETGEAR Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router (R7450) compared to the TP-Link AC1900 A9?

You can get the technical details of the R7450 in the support section here.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for the hardware.

You can also check up on the R7450 with a local search.

Search - NETGEAR Communities – R7450

Be warned, people turn up there with problems, not praise.

Perhaps there is a TP-Link equivalent of this place.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: How is the NETGEAR Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router (R7450) compared to the TP-Link AC1900 A9?

what speeds do you pay for? 

What speeds do you get on the gaming machine?

Reason I ask is people see the "latest/greatest" and think they have to upgrade. 

But you should look at it more of from a "where is the bottleneck in the system"

If you're only paying for 50mbps, the router isn't likely to be the bottleneck. 

Or if you're gaming system is only an AC system, you're not going to see a whole lot of benefit from upgrading the wireless. 

And you're home isn't that large that the system isn't covering. 

Another factor is that gaming doesn't use a bunch of bandwidth. Its more about latency/lag. Gaming over wireless adds latency/lag. 

If you're just doing it for the gaming system, you might be better served by investing the $ in trying to hardwire in the gaming system using either ethernet, powerline, or a moca adapter (ethernet over coax). 

so if it was me, I'd be looking at the system as more of factor of would the $ be better invested in upgrading the router, the wired system, or even going to a gaming router versus a standard router. (gaming router--XR300/450/500/700/1000) 

As an aside, you probably won't see much (if any) difference in going from an AC1900 system to an AC2600. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7