Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to access files on USB drive

Jedi215
Aspirant

How to access files on USB drive

Hi. I hooked up this R7900 and all works fine, but I cannot access my media files on the attached USB drive from the computer attached to the router (not trying to remote acess). When I click on My Network on my PC, it launches My Genie. Any ideas? thanks

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Jedi215
Aspirant

Re: How to access files on USB drive

Thanks for the reply. I keep looking online and the solution was so simple. I read to enter the IP address of the location in an empty browser page and presto. The USB drive icon pertaining to the networked drive was nowhere in sight. After I did that, the icon appeared and now I can copy and paste files to that location. Really bizzare. Never had that issue in the past. Thanks again.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies

It sounds like you are double clicking the "Media Devices" icon on the Network.

If you want to play media files, right click that icon.

If you want to access the files themselves, then look for the READYSHARE network location.

Message 2 of 3
Jedi215
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. I keep looking online and the solution was so simple. I read to enter the IP address of the location in an empty browser page and presto. The USB drive icon pertaining to the networked drive was nowhere in sight. After I did that, the icon appeared and now I can copy and paste files to that location. Really bizzare. Never had that issue in the past. Thanks again.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7