Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to add the AC1200 WiFi Range Extender to the AC2200 Tri-Band WiFi Range Extender?

TL35537
Aspirant

How to add the AC1200 WiFi Range Extender to the AC2200 Tri-Band WiFi Range Extender?

Source:  Verizon WiFi device

First extender:  Netgear Nighthawl X 4S AC2200 Tri-Band WiFi Extender (Model EX7500)

Question:  How can I add my old AC1200 (model EX6150) for use inside my bedroom?

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: How to add the AC1200 WiFi Range Extender to the AC2200 Tri-Band WiFi Range Extender?

so you're currently going:

Verizon wifi device (model?)---->EX7500

and you want to conenct another extender to the EX7500

What error/problem are you running into?

You can daisy chain extenders. I wouldn't recommend doing it but it can be done. 

Message 2 of 5
TL35537
Aspirant

Yes, that's exactly what I am looking to do.  The Verizon router is all the way in the living room.  The EX-7500 is half way in the middle of the apartment.  I need to put the EX-6150 inside my bedroom, which is at the end of a long hallway.

How do I configure it?  Thanks in advance for your help!

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

@TL35537 wrote:

Yes, that's exactly what I am looking to do.  The Verizon router is all the way in the living room.  The EX-7500 is half way in the middle of the apartment.  I need to put the EX-6150 inside my bedroom, which is at the end of a long hallway.---dual/single band extenders cut throughput 50% by the very nature of how they work. If your computer is in the same room as the (EX6+++ extender, you'd be better off connecting directly to the EX7500. 

How do I configure it?  Using the same guide from the installation support site. 

Message 4 of 5
TL35537
Aspirant

My laptop is currently connecting to the EX7500 device outside the bedroom but the connection drops from time to time.  That's why I want to have another extender inside the room.  Let me take a look at the installation guide and figure it out.  Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7