Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to disable R7000 ssh serivce ?

AlanKUO
Aspirant

How to disable R7000 ssh serivce ?

Hi ,

Does any one know how to disable R7000 ssh serivce?

My R7000 be enabled ssh server and I cann't login it .

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

AFAIK, the R7000 doesn't have an ssh server.  To be safe, you should reinstall firmware to wipe out anything that may have been installed by a hacker.  You should install the latest firmware in order to pick up the fix for the big security vulnerability that was publicized last week.  Download the firmware here.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
clithes
Prodigy

If you can't login a Factory Reset may be the only way.  This will unfortunately erase all your settings as well.

R7000 User Guide

Page 192

Hope this helps

Message 2 of 5
AlanKUO
Aspirant

Hi Clithes,
I had tried factory rest but ssh server on my r7000 still be enabled. Does ssh server default setting enabled? Or someone hacked my r7000 and enabled ssh (dropbear ssh server)
Message 3 of 5
TheEther
Guru

AFAIK, the R7000 doesn't have an ssh server.  To be safe, you should reinstall firmware to wipe out anything that may have been installed by a hacker.  You should install the latest firmware in order to pick up the fix for the big security vulnerability that was publicized last week.  Download the firmware here.

Message 4 of 5
AlanKUO
Aspirant

Hi TheEther,

I update the latest firmware OTA when I log on r7000 web at this morinig. but ssh still enabled. I downloaded the the latest firmware and reinstall it just. SSH service be disabled on my R7000. Thanks a lot!!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7