Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to know the latest version of R6220 and R7000 (and all others routers as well) ?

alphonse44
Follower

How to know the latest version of R6220 and R7000 (and all others routers as well) ?

This should be super easy to know, and it's not:

- I received today March 26th 2021 a email asking to update the firmware ; the number of the new version is not mentionned. The model is mentionned though, so no big deal to add the latest version number of the firmware, is it?

- the router is configured to "auto-update", but you can't know if it has updated or not since... you don't know the new current version number.

- the Netgear's website mentions a firmware update in... Januray, and the version is indicated. OK, good, and it matches the version on my router. So... either the website is outdated, either I received on March 26th a notification for a January update that I already made.

Of course, using the NightHawk app resolves the issue, but for some reason, the app encouters issues connecting despite the phone being connected to the router directly throug Wifi (and not another wifi router in my home). It works sometimes, it doesn't most of the time. Or it doesn't and suddenly does, after a while trying (disconnecting / reconnecting to wifi or other rebooting the router, whatever I can think of).

So accessing the web admin page is the fastest way to me. But then, the above issue makes it annoying too.

I'm going to check if the well-know open-source firmware for routers works on my Netgear routers. If you have experienced it, suggestions and advice are welcome.

Best regards.

Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7