Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to setup QoS rules on R7800?

Zoh
Initiate
Initiate

How to setup QoS rules on R7800?

I recently bought the r7800 nighthawk x4s, and I wanted to setup my own QoS priority rules as described in this knowlege base article https://kb.netgear.com/24299/How-do-I-create-a-QoS-policy-for-applications-and-online-games-on-my-Ni...

But the only option available to me when I'm in the Advanced -> Setup -> QoS Setup area is the built in 'Dynamic QoS'. The R7800 is listed under the 'This article applies to:' area so I'm assuming I'm missing something here but I can't figure out what it is. Thanks.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Zoh
Initiate
Initiate

Having e-mailed support it seems that the option to make your own priority rules was completely removed from the r7800 model router. Dunno why they wouldn't leave you the option of making your own rules even if they wanted to introduce their own dynamic QoS system, but there it is. Hopefully they remove this router from the list of routers in that KB article to avoid confusion.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Zoh
Initiate
Initiate

Having e-mailed support it seems that the option to make your own priority rules was completely removed from the r7800 model router. Dunno why they wouldn't leave you the option of making your own rules even if they wanted to introduce their own dynamic QoS system, but there it is. Hopefully they remove this router from the list of routers in that KB article to avoid confusion.

Message 2 of 3
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thank you for that feedback. The article will be updated shortly.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7