Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to stop emitting Wi-Fi waves/connections on C7100V to use WAC505 as the ONLY Wi-Fi source

vgkogut
Aspirant

How to stop emitting Wi-Fi waves/connections on C7100V to use WAC505 as the ONLY Wi-Fi source

Hello,

My Nighthawk C7100V located in the very corner of the house and cannot cover it with Wi-Fi reliably on all floors.  So, I want to use properly located WAC505 as THE ONLY Wi-Fi in-house source. 

My question is, HOW TO STOP EMITTING any Wi-Fi waves/connections from my Nighthawk (not just "Disable/Enable SSID broadcast" i.e. disabling radios, as waves keep emitting, although in "stealth" mode)? 

It seems, "Guest" Networks can be stopped emitting (by “Enable/Disable Guest Network”) NOT primary networks however. 

Is there place on C7100V where Wi-Fi primary networks emitting (not just broadcasting) could be disabled-stopped/enabled-started?

Model: C7100V-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
vgkogut
Aspirant

Re: How to stop emitting Wi-Fi waves/connections on C7100V to use WAC505 as the ONLY Wi-Fi source

Hello Antinode!

Did it yesterday, worked perfectly, Thank you!

View solution in original post

Model: C7100V|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router, C7100V-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 6 of 6

All Replies
antinode
Guru

Re: How to stop emitting Wi-Fi waves/connections on C7100V to use WAC505 as the ONLY Wi-Fi source

> Is there place on C7100V where Wi-Fi primary networks emitting (not
> just broadcasting) could be disabled-stopped/enabled-started?

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look
for Documentation.  Get the User Manual.  Read.  Look for "disable"
and/or "enable"?  I'd try something like:

ADVANCED > Wireless Settings : Enable Wireless Router Radio

Message 2 of 6
vgkogut
Aspirant

Thank you Antinode!

Yes, I've found it (p.86/UM)!   But hesitating a little to do, because .html Help page (not User Manual) says on this subject:

"The wireless gateway is already configured with the optimum settings. Do not alter these settings unless directed by NETGEAR support. Incorrect settings might disable the wireless gateway unexpectedly."

I understand, "optimum settings" and "Enable/Disable Wireless Gateway Radio" are different things.    Still want to make sure nothing will be disrupted (my WAC505 has wired connection to the Nighthawk) and the old state of things might be restored, if needed.

So, just please confirm these "Enable/Disable Wireless Gateway Radio" is a absolutely safe things to do (just now the idea came to mind, first to try just 5GHz, where I do not have clients).

Thank you!

Model: C7100V|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router, C7100V-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 6
antinode
Guru

> [...] and the old state of things might be restored, if needed.

Look in the User Manual for "Manage the Modem Router Configuration
File".

> [...] please confirm these "Enable/Disable Wireless Gateway Radio" is
> a absolutely safe things to do [...]

Define "absolutely safe".  Disabling something which you don't use
shouldn't matter much. If you save your current settings, then you
should be able to restore them later.  What could go wrong?  (Only one
way to find out.)

Message 4 of 6
vgkogut
Aspirant

Thank you Antinode!

Will try on weekend (wife is working remotely on weekdays).

Message 5 of 6
vgkogut
Aspirant

Hello Antinode!

Did it yesterday, worked perfectly, Thank you!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7