Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to update firmware with USB on DST—AC1900 DST Router

ballbearing
Aspirant

How to update firmware with USB on DST—AC1900 DST Router

Is there a way to update the firmware on a Nighthawk DST—AC1900 DST Router , It was working fine until about a month ago and it stopped during a storm. The modem is a Negear also, it works fine by itself without the router but when I hook up the router, it just says no ethernet connection on input of router on the router log in. I have tried all of the resetting over and over again but it just won't recognize the internet connection. I was going to update the firmware but just wondering how to do it with no internet connection. Maybe I can with the USB? If anyone has an idea, I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 3
antinode
Guru

Re: How to update firmware with USB on DST—AC1900 DST Router

Message 2 of 3

Re: How to update firmware with USB on DST—AC1900 DST Router

@ballbearing wrote:

Is there a way to update the firmware on a Nighthawk DST—AC1900 DST Router , It was working fine until about a month ago and it stopped during a storm.

Storms are very good at killing electronic equipment. Lightning can create electric shocks that can hit the mains supply and any other wired connections that reach your network.

The damage may not be severe enough to kill the thing, but lightning can scramble the electronics and any memory chips.

I assume that you have been the network reboot sequence laid down in the documentation.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

Some people claim to know better and dismiss this as witchcraft. Me, I have a touching faith that Netgear knows what it is saying in that sort of stuff. You lose nothing by trying it. Maybe you have already.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7