I-Pad won't work but pc does.

Karl4
Aspirant

I-Pad won't work but pc does.

I have set up my router and my PC works fine.  When I try to sign on to my I-Pad it says "no internet connection" when I pick it.  I have tried a lot of different things, none have worked.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 13
myersw
Master

Re: I-Pad won't work but pc does.

@Karl4 wrote:

I have set up my router and my PC works fine.  When I try to sign on to my I-Pad it says "no internet connection" when I pick it.  I have tried a lot of different things, none have worked.

I've tried a lot of djfferent things tells me nothing. In order to help we need to know what a  lot of different things were, hopefully step by step.

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 2 of 13

@Karl4 wrote:

When I try to sign on to my I-Pad it says "no internet connection" when I pick it. 

This hints strongly at a problem with the iPad.

Is the PC hard wired or wifi?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 13
myersw
Master

Guess my first question would be, is the iPad connecting to the wireless network? Have you gone into the wireless settings and looked at properties to see if the iPad has an IP address, etc? Another thing to try is a forget of the wireless network on the iPad and set the wireless network up again. Maybe you have done all of these, but when the description says done many things, I do not have my crystal ball. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 4 of 13
IrvSp
Master

Did you REPLACE a router? If so the IP Address or SSID probably changed and that would explain it possibly. If they didn't, FORGET the network when trying to connect and then try again.

Direct wired connections wouldn't have a problem with a router switch usually, but your modem could if it wasn't power cycled in the proper order.

"When I try to sign on to my I-Pad it says "no internet connection" when I pick it."

If this means you can connect to the router, the problem is probably different. More details of what you are trying to do (besides connect to the router) such as what showed that message (a screen capture posted using the BROWSE function below would help). Also, does this happen on ALL 3 SSID's?

Message 5 of 13
Karl4
Aspirant

I have tried it on 2 different I-pads and a android cell phone.  I can see the modem but it never asks me for a password.  It just says not available.

Message 6 of 13
Karl4
Aspirant

The I-pad works fine with the old modem.  I can plug the cord into the linksys and it works fine, when I pull the plug and put it into the Netgear it won't works.  I can go back and forth, works with linksys, not with Netgear.

Message 7 of 13
Karl4
Aspirant

I didn't replace the router.

Message 8 of 13
IrvSp
Master

@Karl4 wrote:

I have tried it on 2 different I-pads and a android cell phone.  I can see the modem but it never asks me for a password.  It just says not available.

and

The I-pad works fine with the old modem. I can plug the cord into the linksys and it works fine, when I pull the plug and put it into the Netgear it won't works. I can go back and forth, works with linksys, not with Netgear.

I am confused here. You mean modem or router?

If you change router's connected to the modem, you must power off both modem and router, then power up the modem, and after it is fully up, power up the router. Otherwise the modem may not connect to the router.

Why are you connecting the iPad's to the modem even?

Message 9 of 13
Karl4
Aspirant

I made a mistake, I am trying to connect to the router.

Message 10 of 13
IrvSp
Master

Did you power cycle the modem after removing the old router and connecting the netgear to it?

Message 11 of 13
Karl4
Aspirant

I found out a little more.  Any of my devices will work, but only the first one I sign in after rebooting the system.

Message 12 of 13
antinode
Guru

> I have set up my router [...]

Swell.  How, exactly?

> [...] I have tried a lot of different things, none have worked.

Given that non-description, the non-psychics in your audience may
have only a poor idea of either what you did, or what happened when you
did it.

> I made a mistake, I am trying to connect to the router.

Start again.  Do you have a modem?  What is it?  Is it connected to
the router?  How did you configure the router?

> Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router

Is that your router?  Firmware version?

> [...] Any of my devices will work, but only the first one I sign in
> after rebooting the system.

That could happen if you configured your router as a wireless access
point, instead of as a full-function router.  Did you do that?  What did
you do?

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look
for Documentation.  Get the User Manual.  Look for "Factory Settings".
Do the reset operation as described there.  Then, start at the
beginning, and configure the router as instructed.  When problems occur,
return with a useful problem description, including what you did, and
what happened when you did it.  As usual, showing actual actions with
their actual results (error messages, LED indicators, ...) can be more
helpful than vague descriptions or interpretations.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements