Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I can’t access my router page 192.168.1.1

einshtin
Aspirant

I can’t access my router page 192.168.1.1

when i try to log in to the router page by writing in the browser 192.168.1.1, then enter Admin and password, it doesn't accept to log in  and after trying three times the page give me the option to reset the password and when i reset the password. it do the same and does not accept the username and password. and I don't have access to the page.

i reset factory setting and still have the same problem.

Message 1 of 8

Re: I can’t access my router page 192.168.1.1

@einshtin wrote:

when i try to log in to the router page by writing in the browser 192.168.1.1, then enter Admin and password, it doesn't accept to log in 

And your Netgear device is? A model number?

Connected with what to the device? Wifi? Wired?

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 8
einshtin
Aspirant

Netgear device is? A model number?
Netgear R7000
Connected with what to the device? Wifi? Wired? I tried to connect my laptop to the netgear with the two options wired and wireless.

What firmware version do you have on the device? I reset the netgear many times and I don't have access to the router page to update it.
Message 3 of 8

And the modem?

If this is a modem/router that can interfere when the browser looks for the address 192.168.1.1.

That's why we ask for the make and model number. Many ISPs provide modem/routers to customers.

Did you find this?

If you cannot login to your router | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 4 of 8
einshtin
Aspirant

Netgear is connected to Modem (which is also include router) Hitron model : CODA-4680
Message 5 of 8

@einshtin wrote:
Netgear is connected to Modem (which is also include router) Hitron model : CODA-4680

If it really is a modem/router – Google isn't clear – that could be the source of the problem. The Hitron might also have a similar login address or it is intercepting attempts to get to 192.168.1.1.

Two routers on your network can cause headaches. For example, you can end up with local address problems. Among other things, the other router can misdirect addresses that the Netgear router usually handles, such as routerlogin.net or the usual IP address for a router, 192.168.1.1.

This explains some of the other drawbacks.

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

It may be possible to put the modem/router into modem only (bridge) mode and then to use the second device as the router.

Hitron models Bridge Mode - TekSavvy Community

Sometimes it is easier to put the second router into AP mode. But that has its own drawbacks:

Disabled Features on the Router when set to AP Mode | Answer | NETGEAR Support

It may be that your R7000 spotted the CODA-4680 on setup and picked a different IP address. As some of the manuals say:

"If the router detects a conflict with a WAN IP address,it changes its IP address to 10.0.0.1 or 172.16.5.1"

You could try them.

Message 6 of 8
einshtin
Aspirant

I tried 172.16.5.1 and 10.0.0.1 and even i changed the modem to a modem without router.

and i still don't have access to router page

Message 7 of 8

@einshtin wrote:

even i changed the modem to a modem without router.

and i still don't have access to router page

I don't know what that means or what you are doing. Your description needs to explain what you do step by step.

Is this the "modem" you have?

DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem Router | CODA-4680 | Hitron Americas

If so, it is a modem/router that is "Only sold through Service Providers".

This has its own login address. (By default it is 192.168.0.1.) So it is no surprise that your browser gets "lost" between two routers trying to tell it where to go.

To get it to work effectively with your Netgear router, you may .like to put it into modem only (bridge) mode:

hitron coda-4680 bridge mode - Google Search

When you have done that, remember to reset the Netgear router and set things up from scratch.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7