Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I connected a new Nighthawk X6 AC3000 router to my network and now my GS724T switch keeps resetting.

Gregg000
Aspirant

I connected a new Nighthawk X6 AC3000 router to my network and now my GS724T switch keeps resetting.

I have been using a linksys 4200 router with my network for a long time.  Today I switched to a netgear Nighthawk X6 AC3000 router and now my GS724T switch keeps resetting.  I changed back to the linksys 4200 and the switch is fine again.  My guess is that the Nighthawk is doing something to my switch that is causing this problem whether that is something with talking to it, drawing too much power, or maybe I am being hacked.  Any suggestions on how to figure out what is going on?

The network configuration is as follows

Cable internet - Arris TG862 cable modem in bridge mode - AC3000 router - GS724T connected to one port of the AC 3000 - all my computers and devices connected to the GS724T.

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Gregg000
Aspirant

Re: I connected a new Nighthawk X6 AC3000 router to my network and now my GS724T switch keeps resett

The unit keeps doing a re-boot.  I found some information in the release notes for a later version of firmware than the one that I have where a packet from the router can cause the switch to reboot.  I then tried to update the firmware but after doing that, the switch would not work at all.  I then had to do a warranty exchange on the GS724T-V3 switch.

The settings remained fine, if I went back to the linksys router everything worked fine.

I was connedted to one of the normal 24 ethernet ports and changing to a different one of these ports made no difference.

Standard CAT5 ethernet cable not shielded.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
doraemon
Prodigy

Re: I connected a new Nighthawk X6 AC3000 router to my network and now my GS724T switch keeps resett

Describe resetting.

Is it rebooting or the config settings on the switch are wiped out?

Is there any special configuration on the port where the R7900 is connected?

What kind of ethernet cable you're using? See if you can sniff something from the network.

Message 2 of 3
Gregg000
Aspirant

The unit keeps doing a re-boot.  I found some information in the release notes for a later version of firmware than the one that I have where a packet from the router can cause the switch to reboot.  I then tried to update the firmware but after doing that, the switch would not work at all.  I then had to do a warranty exchange on the GS724T-V3 switch.

The settings remained fine, if I went back to the linksys router everything worked fine.

I was connedted to one of the normal 24 ethernet ports and changing to a different one of these ports made no difference.

Standard CAT5 ethernet cable not shielded.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7