I get a "400 Bad Request" when attempting VLAN tagging ID change

kvduprez
Aspirant

I get a "400 Bad Request" when attempting VLAN tagging ID change

I am trying to setup my R7500V2 to connect to my CentryLink fiber. The internet connection uses PPPoE and VLAN Tagging 201.

When I try to edit the existing VLAN tag group to change ID for internet from 10 to 201, I get a 400 Bad Request error. 

I read a similar post here, where it was fixed for the customer via access to a beta firmware, and the fix was rolled out, but that was a different product.

I'm on firmware V1.0.3.38

Any help would be much appreciated, as I'd love to be able to keep this router.

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: I get a "400 Bad Request" when attempting VLAN tagging ID change

Have you tried to make this change on another web browser?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
kvduprez
Aspirant

Yes, tried it on Chrome, Edge, and Firefox on two separate PCs, and tried it via mobile (iOS safari).

I also tried restoring the router to factory defaults, but the error still appears when attempting to change the ID.

Anything else I can try to force this change? 

Thanks for the response!

Message 3 of 5
F-U-B-A-R
Aspirant

I'm running in to the same issue. Did you ever manage to find a fix? I don't want to buy a new router... This one has been amazing.
Message 4 of 5
kvduprez
Aspirant

I was sadly never able to figure it out. I tried it all: factory reset, downgrading to each firmware, then moving back to the newest, different PCs, browsers, and could not get past that. It seems to be a bug that went unfixed. I ended up selling the router and picking up the 4XS, where this works perfectly! 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E