Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I have also been having significant issues with every single firmware on this device

wholesometrex
Follower

I have also been having significant issues with every single firmware on this device

I have also been having significant issues with every single firmware on this device.

I had been having the issues nearly immediately after I purchased the device and then after a few months started looking to understand whether this was a widespread issue.

I found others on the internet indicating that firmware version V1.1.4.6_1.1.85  is the most stable version. I had been running that version for nearly a year or so and just recently decided that I wanted to go and try to get on to the most recent version... however, I still continue to have these wifi connection drops. So I decided to move back to firmware V1.1.4.6_1.1.85 ... and yet... the issues continue after reverting back to V1.1.4.6_1.1.85.

So at this point, I'm very much looking into getting a different device so that I no longer have to worry about the connection drops. Until then... I'm sure I'll continue looking for solutions.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I have also been having significant issues with every single firmware on this device

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.

What devices do you have connected? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?
Did you enable IPv6 on the router after v.88 FW was applied? 

Message 2 of 3

Re: I have also been having significant issues with every single firmware on this device

@wholesometrex wrote:

I have also been having significant issues with every single firmware on this device.

Which device would that be?

Unfortunately, telling as the firmware is not much help. We'd have to hunt down for the various devices that might have the same firmware number.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7