I have somehow blocked my router

Imstupid2
Aspirant

I have somehow blocked my router

R7800 Night hawk X4S, windows10. I was having issues with internet dropping out and my web security kept giving warnings. I unplugged router to go directly into modem to see if same security issue and got message: this device is blocked by access control in router. Is there a way to unblock it?
Message 1 of 4
Imstupid2
Aspirant

Re: I have somehow blocked my router

I forgot to add after finding out of still had security issues going into my modem, I then had this problem going back into the router. Sorry if this sound confusing.
Message 2 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @Imstupid2

Check the Access Control list in the router settings. 

How do I use access control to allow or block devices from accessing my network?

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 3 of 4
William10a
Master

R7800 Night hawk X4S, windows10. I was having issues with internet dropping out and my web security kept giving warnings. I unplugged router to go directly into modem to see if same security issue and got message: . Is there a way to unblock it?

What modem are you using ?

For the modem to tell you (this device is blocked by access control in router) when bypassed it already the may have a router in too.

Your Netgear router may not be the problem as you said (I unplugged router to go directly into modem to see if same security issue and got message).

You did not say what the message said ?

You did not say that you were able get the internet so were you? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E