I have the X6 R8000 router

rolfes
Follower

I have the X6 R8000 router

I have a Netgear X6 R8000 and am trying to set a schedule to just my "guest network" which is the network my kids use. Other Netgear routers allow for this, but this one does not. (After 4 hours of searching online, I caved and called premium support to learn it was not possible.)

I don't want to buy the parental controls because I don't want to do anything besides turn off/block, say between 10pm and 7am. (I am not interested in blocking certain sites, seeing how much screen time they use, etc. so to buy the parental controls seems wasteful.)

Of course, I can turn the entire house off buy scheduling all internet to be blocked, but I don't want to block my internet - just the kids. Wondering if anyone has found a work-around to this? Last night I "tested" doing it via the Nighthawk App and it did not stop the internet on their devices. I could easily continue to use when I conducted the test.

Any other ideas?

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: I have the X6 R8000 router

So cheat. Buy a cheap router that you can set a schedule on for the kids to use. 

that way instead of investing $ in a software solution, you have a router that you can always use as a backup. 

Current setup: CAX80->Trendnet TEG-S380->GS716T-> RBK752->pi-hole
1.4gig download/50mbps upload
We’re members of the public helping out on our own time.
Message 2 of 3
catrolfes
Aspirant

Re: I have the X6 R8000 router

@plemans wrote:

So cheat. Buy a cheap router that you can set a schedule on for the kids to use. 

that way instead of investing $ in a software solution, you have a router that you can always use as a backup. 

I like that idea. Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E