Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I have to unplug my Orbi 4GX router every time I want to connect to the internet

jasminerose333
Follower

I have to unplug my Orbi 4GX router every time I want to connect to the internet

I just purchased this product on the weekend, and everytime I return to my computer it does not connect to the network - I have to unplug the router, plug back in, wait and the reconnect - surely it shouldnt' be like this - any clue how to resolve?

Message 1 of 4
rinthos
Luminary

Re: I have to unplug my Orbi 4GX router every time I want to connect to the internet

@jasminerose333 wrote:

I just purchased this product on the weekend, and everytime I return to my computer it does not connect to the network - I have to unplug the router, plug back in, wait and the reconnect - surely it shouldnt' be like this - any clue how to resolve?

Wow, not going to find a lot of expertise in that new model yet would be my guess..and it's specific to your region...but anyhow...

Are you using Telestra SIM card for Internet or wired Internet (or both)?

Does the issue only impact LAN Port #2? (make sure you're using LAN Port #2 to verify this, vs the WAN/LAN1 port, could have issues switching from LAN/WAN mode)...

What about WiFi, do you have issues w/ WiFi or does that always work and the issue is only for wired/LAN device directly connected?

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I have to unplug my Orbi 4GX router every time I want to connect to the internet

Please post about this over in the Orib LTE forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-LTE/bd-p/en-home-orbi-lte

Thank you. 

Message 3 of 4
ssmitty67
Aspirant

I have the same issue.  Seems to be a issue with my carrier (Verizon) not treating the Orbi LBR20 as a valid device (IMEI).  Netgear support told me as much as well.  I have a $400 paper weight.. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7