Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I just bought this router R6260 and all my light are not on??

Justlinda59
Aspirant

I just bought this router R6260 and all my light are not on??

""BEWARE ON UPDATING""  I tried to update on my router and it locked up on me, so I called a tech for help, on the phone for 2 plus hours. nothing was ever resolved. I felt like the tech was very impatient with me. He left me felling very stupid :(.                          So I went out and bought a new Router and tried to connect to it, as per instructions and it did not connect. So I called a tech again for help. I was on the phone with a tech for about 4 hours 2 days ago. my problems is still not solved. I need help. I just purchased this Router R6260, had problems trying to get it to connect to my internet. I felt that the Tech was no help at all. Due to my router not being fully lite up. I only have the first light and third light lite up.. Correct me if I am not right, but aren't all the lights to be lite up?? So upset due to having to talk to someone, I could hardly understand, with his accent. Please adivse what I need to do.. Please Help..Thank you in advance. 

Model: R6260|AC1600 Smart WiFi Router Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: I just bought this router R6260 and all my light are not on??

led 1: power

led 2: internet

led 3: wifi 

led 4: usb

If you don't have a usb device connected, led 4 won't be on. 

in terms of led 2, thats internet.  What modem/gateway do you have connected to the router? 

Message 2 of 6
Justlinda59
Aspirant

I have a NetGear CM500 modem, connected to this router.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Does a computer work directly connected to the cm500?

if so, try this. 

power off the cm500 and r6260 and disconnect all cables from both. Even coax from the cm500. 

wait 2 minutes. 

connect coax back to the cm500 and power it on. Wait several minutes. 

connect lan cable from cm500 to wan port on router. 

power it on and wait several minutes. Attempt setup. 

Message 4 of 6
Justlinda59
Aspirant

I did what was suggested for me to do. But Still having problems connecting this Router up. Only the first and third light is on. Then I was told that the router has a malfunction, i was advised by Netgear to return it. So I did and bought another one, and guess what had problems again, the tech told me the new One i just bought had the same serial number as the one i just returned. I am feed up with NetGear. Now I am looking for other brands due to the NetGear tech's don't know how to help install routers. 

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

the 2nd light that's off is the internet light. did you try replacing the cable betwen the modem and the router? 
or check to ensure the ethernet port on the modem worked? 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7