Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I keep getting disconnected every hour on my R8000

Nigelh92
Tutor

I keep getting disconnected every hour on my R8000

Hello,

My Nighthawk X6 R8000 AC3200 router keeps disconnecting my devices.

My computer is connected trough cable, but it keeps kicking me out.

I can't go to any website, neither can I go to the router login page. [192.168.1.1/routerlogin.net].

I tried looking in the log after I rebooted the router, but the logs are cleared due to this reboot.

I even did a Factory reset [trough Admin Panel], but the same issue remains.

I have this issue running on the latest Firmware, aswell as the previous one.

What I noticed is that it gives me an DNS error, even though its RESET and using ISP DNS with Auto settings on my Windows 10 machine.

Anything I can do to keep the logs, or do something else ?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Nigelh92
Tutor

After resetting my router to Factory Default settings the issues appear to be gone.

I also disconnected my NAS.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

Logs. once you reboot the router all prior log entries are lost. However in the Advanced tab, Security, E-mail you can set the log to send the log to you hourly. Probably the best you can do?

I've got an R8000 on the V1.0.4.18_10.1.49 firmware with no problems. You running VPN or Parental Controls? Some people have had problems with it?

Message 2 of 7
Nigelh92
Tutor

Thanks for your reply.

I enabled email notifications on my router, so hopefully I can get these logs in time.

If not, is there another way of getting these logs ?

I'll keep you updated.

Message 3 of 7
IrvSp
Master

Some routers support 'SysLog' and can be accessed via a program. I don't think NG's firmware does but I do recall DD-WRT did?

Message 4 of 7
Nigelh92
Tutor

After resetting my router to Factory Default settings the issues appear to be gone.

I also disconnected my NAS.

Message 5 of 7
Xago
Guide

That was happening to me because my WiFi was working over a DFS Channel and Instead of auto changing channel when a radar was detected it just stop working.
Message 6 of 7
myersw
Master

Yes  DFS can cause the wireless to shutdown, but this should be temporary and the router should change to another channel. This is one of the reasons folks say to set your channel rather then the auto selection. Set the channel to something like 149 which is out of the DFS range and you will not experience this issue. The DFS detection can be easily fooled by things like a leaky microwave oven. 

Additional note from a web site:

1. If operating on channel 52,56,60,64,100,104,108,112,132,136,140, 5GHZ devices should detect radar signals for about 1 minute, and it should take for about 10 minutes when operating on channel 116,120,124,128 according to ITU-T Radio Regulations. Wireless client are not able to find the wireless signal broadcasting by the AP during this period.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7