I'm looking for the privacy separator on nighthawk 1750 model R6700

Can't print but printer is on the network 

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Neenas
Tutor

Re: I'm looking for the privacy separator on nighthawk 1750 model R6700

Finally figured it out.  On each device where the net gear genie is installed the access control must be "on".  

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies

Print from what?

You usually have to set up a printer on the PC, or whatever it is, before it will send anything to the printer.

We know nothing about your printer. The make? Model? How it is connected (wifi? LAN? USB?)

Tell us more and maybe someone can help.

PS What is a "privacy separator"?

Message 2 of 7
William10a
Master

@michaelkenward wrote:

Print from what?

You usually have to set up a printer on the PC, or whatever it is, before it will send anything to the printer.

We know nothing about your printer. The make? Model? How it is connected (wifi? LAN? USB?)

Tell us more and maybe someone can help.

PS What is a "privacy separator"?

True normally the printer is only conected to a network by wifi or a lan cable to the network and you have too install a driver for the printer on your devicesto use them with the printer for most modern printers.

Not sure privacy separator is either.

Are you trying too make two different networks on one router?

Message 3 of 7
Neenas
Tutor

I have a Brother DCP-2540DW. I believe the printer is connected to the network per the genie. I was able to print from my iPhone 7 and my iPad but now I'm getting a diagnostic stating no supported devices found -check that the Wi-Fi access point/routers "privacy separator" is disabled.
Message 4 of 7

@Neenas wrote:
I believe the printer is connected to the network per the genie.

Not sure what that means. The genie connects nothing. It just tells you what is happening. Is that what you mean? It shows that the printer is connected to the network?

@Neenas wrote:
...now I'm getting a diagnostic stating no supported devices found -check that the Wi-Fi access point/routers "privacy separator" is disabled.

That sounds like something on your wifi clients, the iPhone and iPad. You need to sort that out.

Can they see and connect to other things through the R6700 router? If these wifi clients can go on line, that is a sure sign that the router is doing what it is supposed to do. You can't blame that if your iPhone and iPad throw a wobbly.

Message 5 of 7
Neenas
Tutor

Finally figured it out.  On each device where the net gear genie is installed the access control must be "on".  

Message 6 of 7

Well done. Nice detective work.

The genie is just changing the settings on the devices. It should work without the genie, but why make life harder?

PS If you mark your "fixed" message as "Solved" it could help someone who turns up later with the same problem.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7