I own Nighthawk R6700. Moving to a bigger house. Can I use this router and set up a mesh network?

sideshowshan
Follower

I own Nighthawk R6700. Moving to a bigger house. Can I use this router and set up a mesh network?

Last year I bought a Nighthawk R6700 for my small, single level house. It has been working fine, but I am about to move to a much larger, 2-level house. Can I use this router and set up a mesh network when I move? If yes, can anyone stear me towards the items I will need to do this? I am pretty handy and tech savvy, so if there's a good guide to the setup that would be great!

thanks!

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: I own Nighthawk R6700. Moving to a bigger house. Can I use this router and set up a mesh network

Are you wanting a full mesh system like Orbi? 

Or are you thinking about adding a mesh extender? 

If you're needing more than 1 extender, I'd recommend a move to Orbi versus an extender.

Current Setup: CM2000-> RBK750-> GS716v2-> RAXE500-> Pi-hole->
Message 2 of 4
Bheezen
Guide

Re: I own Nighthawk R6700. Moving to a bigger house. Can I use this router and set up a mesh network

I would look into the nighthawk mesh extender if u want to extend ur WiFi network using an existing router. . Although I think a new router is a better option given that technology changes and ur gonna notice an extender cost will only get u by for awhile.

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-range-extenders/EX6250.aspx
Message 3 of 4
r6700v1
Apprentice

I am using a R6700 v1 in a big 2 story house and I get satisfactory wifi everywhere. So try it first. I have mine placed in the center of the house on the first floor near the ceiling.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E