I think my R7000 router is dying

me_b_kevin
Aspirant

I think my R7000 router is dying

My internet speed has been going crazing over the past few weeks. I pay for 60 Mbps and I am currently getting anywhere from 97-750kbps. I've spoken to my internet provider and after being on the phone forever they told me that everything looks good on their end and to check with the router manufacturer. checking the website has led me here.

Is there anyway to determine if my router is faulty? I've updated the firmware, rebooted, reset to factory settings..... no change. Please help
Message 1 of 4
William10a
Master

Re: I think my R7000 router is dying

@me_b_kevin wrote:
My internet speed has been going crazing over the past few weeks. I pay for 60 Mbps and I am currently getting anywhere from 97-750kbps. I've spoken to my internet provider and after being on the phone forever they told me that everything looks good on their end and to check with the router manufacturer. checking the website has led me here.

Is there anyway to determine if my router is faulty? I've updated the firmware, rebooted, reset to factory settings..... no change. Please help

Is the 97-750 kbps on the wired lan ports or the wifi ?

If wifi which band the 2.4 ghz or the 5 ghz or both?

If you have a wired lan port on a computer what is the internet speed you get if you connect the computer to the modem via a lan cable?

Message 2 of 4
me_b_kevin
Aspirant

Yes the wired connection is what I was checking
Message 3 of 4
William10a
Master

Which wired connection the one from the router to the computer or the one from the modem directly to the computer ?

If you bypass the router by connecting a lan cable from the modem to the computer and test the internet speed it would answer were the problem lays in one test

it is the either the modem, router and a off chance the computer's lan port or a setting controlling that port.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E