Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I would like to change the account email address on my R7900P

robertmy
Aspirant

I would like to change the account email address on my R7900P

Hi there,

I recently bought a house that has an R7900P Nighthawk router.  The router is all configued and good to go and working great.

But, one issue is that when I access the router via the Netgear Nighthawk iPhone app, and I tap on "Account Management", the email address is for the previous owner.  I don't see a way to change the email address to be mine.

Also, when I go to "Change password", I am prompted for the old password, which I don't know.

So, my question is, how can I change the account email and address password to be mine?

Do I have to reset the router and start from scratch?  If so, how do I do that and is there a lot of other stuff I would then have to reo?

Alternatively, if I ask the previous owner for his password (not sure if he would give it to me), would that simplify things?

Thank you!

Robert

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

To access the router again your would need to factory reset the router by holding down the reset button for 10+ seconds this will wipe the router and make set the password to the word password then you can go in and change the wireless password and name of the router.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
robertmy
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand your suggestion.

I would like to change my email address.  Can you tell me how to change my email address?

Best,

Robert

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7