Re: IPV6 Not working on R8000

thecaretaker1
Aspirant

IPV6 Not working on R8000

My internet provider 'Zen Internet' has given me the details to connect IPV6. I followed the guide to connect PPPOE but the router doesn't provide a LAN address.

Zen are aware of this problem which affects other customers with other versions of Netgear router (e.g. R7000 has same issue).

Zen say that other makes of router don't have this problem and is not down to them but with the Netgear firmware.

One customer with a R7000 was provided a beta firmware which works. But later official firmwares have not included this fix.

My router is now out of warrenty and can't get support without paying for it. Is there any chance of a beta firmware being made  available to me for the R8000  so I can connect?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6
thecaretaker1
Aspirant

To confirm; My router sees the ISP provided IPv6 address on the WAN and auto completes the DNS address field.

What it isn't doing is issuing an address on the LAN side. It says Routers IPv6 Address On LAN Not Available.

I have no IPv6 connectivity when testing sites like https://ipv6.google.com

Please help me to fix this...

You can follow the Zen Internet response to this problem in the second post here https://forum.zen.co.uk/forums/thread/59455.aspx

So is Netgear ever going to fix this for Zen Internet customers?

Message 2 of 6
nsEra
Guide

Hello,

I'm having the same issue but on the Netgear R7000 router.

It's saying Router's IPv6 Address on WAN Not Available.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 6
Koru
Initiate

I am having the same problem, but with a WNDR4300. I have a WAN IPv6 address, but the LAN IPv6 lists as "Not Available".

Message 4 of 6
thecaretaker1
Aspirant

sWhy Oh why won't anybody from Netgear recognise this problem for the 1000's of Zen Internet users.

Zen Internet conforms fully with the IPV6 requirements, to the book. Yet no Zen customers can use IPV6 due to Netgears firmware failures. This is only going to become a bigger and bigger problem as IPV6 take up increases.

For a large internet provider to advise customers to buy an alternative router is preposterous and Netgear should be ashamed.

I'm just a regular customer, I don't understand all the technical reasons for this, but I wonder if it is something to do with Netgear routers filtering ICMP which many posts say need to be accessed to work fully. Where some ISPs' don't impliment IPV6 correctly, many users can access IPV6 sites with their Netgear router, but for Zen Internet who do impliment it correctly are locked out.

Netgear's silence is deafening!

Message 5 of 6
bancone
Guide

Since firmware version 1.0.4.2 IPv6 stopped working on my R8000 router. Router's IPv6 Address On WAN is OK, but no address is available on LAN. Something has to be done with the firmware.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements