Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Icognix

BlueMntnG
Aspirant

Icognix

Hi All,

I was seeking tech support on a Nighthawk extender around a week ago and thought Icognix was affiliated with Netgear.

However now they are fobbing me off and not getting back to me when I paid (supposedly) for 6months 24/7  tech support. 

Has anyone else experienced a problem with them ?

There are reviews claiming they are operating a scam,  which is concerning.  

Cheers, 

Model: EX7300v2|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 3

Re: Icognix

@BlueMntnG wrote:

There are reviews claiming they are operating a scam,  which is concerning.  

If you called a number that you found with a web search, that almost certainly had nothing to do with Netgear.

Netgear itself does not provide paid for support. It handles that through GearHead Technical Support, which supports all sorts of kit.

GearHead Support

Web searches can deliver results that scream "Netgear support" at the top but that turn out to be anything but. Using them can be dangerous, for your network and your bank balance.

New buyers can initiate a support call through MyNetgear.

If you login to mynetgear, can you see your device there?

MyNETGEAR | Login

If so, that is where to ask for support.

If you aren't eligible for free support, this place costs nothing.

That is also where you can start the process to replace things that have broken within the warranty period.

You should cancel any credit card payments, and try to get a refund from your credit card company. You have been robbed.

Unfortunately, there is nothing that Netgear can do. It doesn't even seem to we interested in cracking down on these pirates, even when they steal is intellectual property rights.

Message 2 of 3
BlueMntnG
Aspirant

Re: Icognix

Dear Michael,

Many thanks. 

Point taken. 

Cheers, 

Mountain Girl 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats