Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Impossible to connect to WIFI or via ethernet (netgear configured as wifi access point)

gabrielerosso
Aspirant

Impossible to connect to WIFI or via ethernet (netgear configured as wifi access point)

Hello everyone,

I have a netgear D7000 configured as wifi access point since I need the modem part to be managed by the modem of my ISP (ZYXEL VMG8825).

This configuration has worked fine up to few months ago, from then on occasionally it was not possible to connect to the network neither by wifi nor by ethernet cable with any device.

The network is visible with every device via wifi but impossible to connect, as well as via calbe for the laptop. The message displayed by the device is not reltate to the absence of an internet connection, since I am not even able to access to my NAS via LAN (also the NAS can't connect to the local network). When using the cable the network was not recognized and thus impossible to connect. The problem was temporarly solved by rebooting the Netgear and not solved when rebooting only the ZYXEL.
I thus assumed the problem to be on the netgear and tried to update the firmware, reset and reconfigure the router but all this was unsuccessful and I still need to reboot the router about once a day to get back access to my network.

If anyone has some idea on which could be the problem let me know because this is driving me quite insane.

Thanks in advance!

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7