Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Incorrect password - extender

GemJ
Aspirant

Incorrect password - extender

I've found loads of posts about this for the same model extender and others but not a single one seems to be resolved. Same story: extender was working perfectly, received new router from ISP, connected extender to WiFi, green router light, extender network showing on devices but every time I try to login it says 'incorrect password'. Devices are MS Surface (Windows) laptop, MacBook and Android phone. Because I can't log in to the extender network, I can't access the extender online. Yes I'm definitely using the right password. Yes I tried factory reset. Please help?
Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 13
plemans
Guru

Re: Incorrect password - extender

What router is it connecting to? 

Did you set it up using wps or using the installation wizard?

Message 2 of 13
GemJ
Aspirant

Thanks for responding. It's a Vodafone router and I connected using WPS. The setup wizard doesn't seem to be available due to the password issue.
Message 3 of 13
plemans
Guru

Factory reset the extender to get back to defaults. 

Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 

That'll get you back to the default settings where you can follow the installation assistant.

Some ISP supplied devices are poorly coded or coded different for wps. Which is why there's also the installation assistant. 

So try it without using wps. 

Message 4 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk MESH products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH MESH products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-mesh-system

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

@GemJ wrote:
I've found loads of posts about this for the same model extender and others but not a single one seems to be resolved. Same story: extender was working perfectly, received new router from ISP, connected extender to WiFi, green router light, extender network showing on devices but every time I try to login it says 'incorrect password'. Devices are MS Surface (Windows) laptop, MacBook and Android phone. Because I can't log in to the extender network, I can't access the extender online. Yes I'm definitely using the right password. Yes I tried factory reset. Please help?

Message 5 of 13
GemJ
Aspirant

Thank you, but I had already tried the factory reset a couple of times before posting and the installation assistant is not available due to the password problem. WPS is the only route. This is what others have said who have had the same issue.

Message 6 of 13
GemJ
Aspirant

I'm not sure it is a Nighthawk product? It's just that when I added the model I only got 3 options below that, all of which were Nighthawk..? But I may just not realise that NX2700 is Nighthawk..?

Message 7 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

There is a specific forum for ALL extenders, even NH model Extenders. NX2700 is not a valid model #. EX2700 is. 

Message 8 of 13
GemJ
Aspirant

There's a bug on the forum system then, because I don't get any option when I click Start a new discussion'. If I go from the homepage, a list briefly appears but then disappears immediately as a form for posting comes up with only Nighthawk router topics available.

Message 9 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose from. WiFi Extenders is listed here as well.

"WIFI RANGE EXTENDERS & NIGHTHAWK MESH"

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Message 10 of 13
plemans
Guru

@GemJ wrote:

Thank you, but I had already tried the factory reset a couple of times before posting and the installation assistant is not available due to the password problem. WPS is the only route. This is what others have said who have had the same issue.

If you factory reset, to log into the extender the login is admin  and password is password

You can hardwire a pc/laptop into it for setup as well. 

Message 11 of 13
GemJ
Aspirant

The issue means that I can't get to the login page, because you have to be on the extender network to get the page. I can't get onto the network.

Message 12 of 13
GemJ
Aspirant

Thanks for the link - I've now posted again in the right place 🙂

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements