Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Incredibly slow wired download speed since firmware update

MikeOsiv
Follower

Incredibly slow wired download speed since firmware update

Equipment: Netgear R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands.

PC: MSI M5 gaming mobo, Intel 15-6600K @4.4ghz, 16g Ram, Gigabyte - GC-WB867D-I PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter. (Running on cat6 wired connection)

Drivers/firmware: Killer Network drivers ver 1.1.65.1138, Router firmware V1.0.1.26_10.0.35.

100mpbs ISP service.

Yesterday I installed the new firmware updates for my router and today I ran some game updates and noticed they were downloading extremely slowly. I did the normal initial tests (Google, fast.com, ookla) and I was only getting somewhere around 1.5 mbps and 5 mpbs downloads. I went through, restarted router, restarted PC and nothing. Went on to unplug ethernet connection and began getting 100+ across the board on all test sites (wifi connection). Decided to do a fresh install of the killer network drivers with no improvement. Changed out the ethernet cable with a new one, nothing. Tested cable in all router ethernet sockets, nothing. Speed test on both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bw on my PC and Phone both show downloads in excess of 100mbps but any wired connection doesn't reach more than 5mbps.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Incredibly slow wired download speed since firmware update

Hi MikeOsiv,

Try to reset the router to factory default and reconfigure it manually.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi MikeOsiv,

Try to reset the router to factory default and reconfigure it manually.

Message 2 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Hi MikeOsiv,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7