Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Installing Resource CD without Admin Privilege's

sampotter01
Follower

Installing Resource CD without Admin Privilege's

I have a computer that we do not know the Admin user password. When installing the Resource CD there is a screen that requires Admin access to setup the software that is needed to run the WiFI Adapter. I am stuck and looking for a way around this issue.

I am running a Windows 10 PC. I have a user account on the PC but it does not have Admin privileges.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Installing Resource CD without Admin Privilege's

then you might be screwed. If your computer requires admin privileges to install software to it and you don't have that, it might not work. 

You can try installing the stand alone driver and see if that'd work. 

Message 2 of 4

@sampotter01 wrote:

I have a computer that we do not know the Admin user password. When installing the Resource CD there is a screen that requires Admin access to setup the software that is needed to run the WiFI Adapter. I am stuck and looking for a way around this issue.

You may not need to mess around with a Resource CD to get drivers for a WiFI Adapter. (These days many PCs come without a CD drive.)

If you can download and install the "driver only" option for the adapter that might work.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

That page will have any software and drivers for your device.

Even if you are blocked from that, there's a chance that the Windows native drivers will get the adapter to work.

If you are prevented from doing even that, the you are, as @plemans so eloquently puts it, screwed.

Whatever you are trying to do, it might be a good idea to seek help in the section where they support USB adapters.

WiFi Adapters - NETGEAR Communities

These things don't have much in common with the Nighthawk WiFi Routers covered here.

Message 3 of 4
Kitsap
Master

As an option of last resort, format the hard disk and reinstall Windows from scratch then create new user accounts.  You can check and see to verify if the present Windows installation is activated.  If yes, the new installation will automatically activate.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7