Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Interference with bluetooth connections on iPhone 12 Pro in close proximity to router

wgdefoore
Follower

Interference with bluetooth connections on iPhone 12 Pro in close proximity to router

Hello. This issue started about a month ago, although I did not make any changes in router, router settings or bluetooth devices.

When listening via bluetooth speakers or headphones in close (3-5 feet) proximity to the router, the sound cuts out randomly, and sometimes in a staccato manner that makes listening impossible. Listening straight from the device (iPhone 12 Pro) without bluetooth, the sound is uninterrupted.

To resolve this, I have gone into my router settings, and tried all of the different channels available. This had no effect, as the problem continued regardless of the channel selected. The problem also occurs when I shut off the wifi connection on the phone and listen via LTE connection.

When I am 5 or more feet away from the router, the bluetooth connections work fine without interruptions.

Apparently, there is some type of interference from the router, as evidenced by my troubleshooting process.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

William

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7