Re: Internet Connection Drops Daily

MLewisCT
Aspirant

Internet Connection Drops Daily

I bought an R8000P in September.  It worked well until a couple of weeks ago.  Now, the internet connectivity drops every night around 8PM.  EVERY NIGHT.   The Internet status says "Good" on the router admin page.  However, no internet even on wired connections.  So, clicking "apply" on the internet page fixes it, even though I don't change naything.  It is then good until the next night.  Why is it dropping Internet every night?  Is this a firmware issue since it worked fine for a few mnths before this?

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Cinci4u
Aspirant

Yes, it is the firmware update and there is no end in sight.  I am thinking of going to Spectrum and getting their wireless router because all the issues I have had.  It is a shame because I wasted $300.00 on this router.  

Message 2 of 4
dkishton1486
Aspirant

Just go back and download a previous firmware version.. Fixed!

http://netgear.com/support/product/R8000P.aspx#download

Message 3 of 4
forensic6
Aspirant

Go into Administration and to NTP settings.  Please check to be sure you're set to the correct time zone.  Also, it wouldn't hurt to use the time.google.com NTP server instead of Netgear's.  Good luck.  The only reason this could be your issue is the consistency by which you're having the drop at the same time each day.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E